Recent Articles, Books, and Book Chapters
(2013 – in press)
- Aiken, J., Hanges, P.J., & Chen, T. (In press). The means are the end: Complexity science in Organizational Research. In J. M. LeBreton & S. Humphrey. Handbook on Multilevel Theory, Measurement, and Analysis. American Psychological Association.
- Aiken, J. R. & Hanges, P. J. (2017). The Sum of the Parts: Methods of Combining Assessments for Employment Decisions. (p. 388-396). In J. L. Farr & Tippins, N. T. (Eds.), Handbook of Employee Selection. NY: Routledge.
- Hanges, P.J. & Aiken, J.R. (2017). The healthy organization: Properties of ClimateQual scales. (p. 19-47). In Charles B. Lowry (Ed). ClimateQUAL: Advancing Organizational Health, Leadership and Diversity in the Service of Libraries. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Lowry, C.B., Hanges, P.J., & Aiken, J.R. (2017). Leadership matters: The ClimateQual case. (p. 49-69). In Charles B. Lowry (Ed). ClimateQUAL: Advancing Organizational Health, Leadership and Diversity in the Service of Libraries. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Yusko, K.P., Bellenger, B.L., Larson, E. C., Hanges, P.J., & Aiken, J.R. (2017). Chapter 20: Legal and fairness considerations in employee selection. (pp. 422- 441). The Wiley Blackwell Handbook of the Psychology of Recruitment, Selection, and Retention
- Aktas, M., Gelfand, M.J., & Hanges, P.J. (2016). Cultural tightness-looseness and perceptions of effective leadership. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 47, 294-309.
- Hanges, P.J., Aiken, J.R., Park, J. & Su, J. (2016). Cross-cultural leadership: Leading around the world. Current Opinions in Psychology, 8, 64-69.
- Hanges, P.J. & Su, J.J. (2016). Global leadership and organizational effectiveness project (pp. 546-550). In S.G. Rogelberg (Ed). The SAGE Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Aiken, J.R. & Hanges, P.J. (2015). Teach an IO to fish: Integrating data science into IO graduate education. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 8, 539-544.
- Hanges, P.J., Scherbaum, C. A. & Reeve, C.L. (2015). There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than DGF. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 8, 472-481.
- Scherbaum, C. Goldstein, H., Ryan, R., Agnello, P., Yusko, K., & Hanges, P. (2015). New Developments in Intelligence Theory and Assessment: Implications for Personnel Selection. (pp. 99-116). In I. Nikolaou & J. Oostrom (Eds.) Employee Recruitment, Selection, and Assessment. Contemporary Issues for Theory and Practice. London: Psychology Press-Taylor & Francis.
- House, R.J., Dorfman, P.W., Javidan, M., Hanges, P.J., & DeLuque, M.S. (2014). Strategic Leadership:The GLOBE Study of CEO Leadership Behavior and Effectiveness across Cultures. Sage Publications.
- Aiken, J. R., Salmon, E. D., & Hanges, P. J. (2013). The origins and legacy of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Journal of Business and Psychology, 28, 383-399.
- Hanges, P. J., Salmon, E. D., & Aiken, J. R. (2013). Legal issues in industrial testing and assessment. (pp. 693-711). In K.F. Geisinger (Ed.-in-Chief), B. A. Bracken, J. F. Carlson, J. C. Hansen, N. R. Kuncel, S. P. Reise, & M. C. Rodriguez (Assoc. Eds.), APA handbooks in psychology: APA handbook of testing and assessment in psychology: Vol. 1. Test theory and testing and assessment in industrial and organizational psychology. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Javidan, M., Dorfman, P. Hanges, P., and House, R.J. (2013). The GLOBE Model of National Culture and Leadership. Eric Kessler (ed.). Encyclopedia of Management Theory. SAGE.
For my earlier publications, please check out my Google Scholar profile.